Find the Right Asbestos Attorney for You
When it comes to hiring the best asbestos lawyer Washington DC victims turn to our legal team at Brown Kiely, LLP for help. If you worked in a profession where you were exposed to asbestos, you may be experiencing serious health issues. It can be difficult to pursue compensation from those responsible because symptoms from asbestos related diseases can take years to manifest. A Washington DC asbestos lawyer from Brown Kiely, LLP may be able to help you and your family recover your damages that resulted from asbestos exposure.
Why is asbestos still commonly used in construction?
Although the Environmental Protection Agency banned the use of asbestos in the late 1980s, the ban was overturned. This means that manufacturers that made asbestos products in the past could continue to do so. However, asbestos cannot be used to make newly designed products.
The Uses of Asbestos
Asbestos is used because it is durability and resistance to high temperatures, which makes it attractive for products used in construction. White asbestos, also known as chrysotile, is used in the manufacture of ceilings, flooring, insulation, brake pads, piping insulation, appliances, and ducts. Chrysotile makes up the majority of asbestos product that are used in the United States today. The best asbestos lawyer Washington DC residents choose understands that asbestos can be found in the following items:
- Parts for vehicles, planes, trucks, etc.
- Materials used in construction.
- Clothing that is fireproof.
- Insulation for buildings.
Can diseases related to asbestos be prevented?
Contact with asbestos can occur if you are employed in a profession that regularly uses or works with the material. Holding a job in shipbuilding, manufacturing, or plumbing (to name a few examples) can increase your risk in being exposed to the mineral. Another way that you may come into contact with asbestos is if you are working on an older building or home. Private property owners are not required to remove asbestos that may exist in older buildings. As a result, it is possible for someone doing construction to come into contact with asbestos. The best asbestos lawyer Washington DC locals recommend might suggest you hire professionals to remove it due to its dangers. To protect themselves, specially trained asbestos removal companies will typically use the following tools and methods:
- Tools that minimise creating excessive dust.
- Proper disposal of the asbestos materials to ensure they do not harm anyone in the vicinity.
- A specialized type of respirator worn when working around asbestos to prevent the fibers from entering the lungs.
- Asbestos protective clothing. Asbestos fibers can get into your clothes, shoes, hair etc. which could cause you to unknowingly inhale as well as spread the mineral.
Consider hiring an asbestos abatement specialist if you need to remove asbestos. Do not try to dispose of it on your own. By doing so, you risk exposure to asbestos and contracting deadly diseases as a result.
How do I find the best asbestos lawyer in Washington DC?
As more and more people realize they have developed serious health issues as a result of exposure to asbestos, we increasingly hear this question at Brown Kiely, LLP. We have successfully represented many families whose loved one suffered in this way. For many years, we have worked hard to gain recognition within our Washington DC community as a law firm that can provide the best asbestos lawyer for many peoples’ needs. We offer a free initial consultation to victims of asbestos exposure, or their surviving family members, as an opportunity to determine if Brown Kiely, LLP is a good fit for your legal needs.
Tips for Finding the Best Asbestos Lawyer in Washington DC for Your Circumstances
When considering who might be the “best” asbestos lawyer in Washington DC, this is a subjective term as a certain lawyer may be best for one person, but another lawyer may be best for someone else. Below are some tips for identifying who might be the best asbestos lawyer in Washington DC for you.
- Choose a law firm in Washington DC that has a lawyer who has previously handled asbestos cases, as this may be best from an experience standpoint. The laws surrounding personal injury and other tort legal matters.
- Asbestos related diseases can be complex from a medical standpoint. An asbestos lawyer in Washington DC cannot be considered the best if they do not have a sufficient level of understanding of the medical issues. Though Brown Kiely, LLP works closely with medical professionals in support of our clients’ lawsuits, our asbestos lawyer has a depth of knowledge about the cause and effects of asbestos exposure.
- When considering which law firm may have the best asbestos lawyer in Washington DC for your needs, choose one that has an outstanding reputation for securing substantial settlements for their clients.
- Asbestos injury claims are challenging to pursue, and difficult to win because of their intrinsic nature—they are complicated, and there are many hurdles that must be overcome in order to win a lawsuit. For these reasons, you may be best served by avoiding hiring an asbestos lawyer in Washington DC who guarantees that you will win and obtain a large settlement. That is a promise that even the best of lawyers cannot always keep.
Work with a Brown Kiely, LLP That Gets Results
Brown Kiely, LLP is dedicated to helping injury victims in the Washington D.C. area, and helping them to get the settlements they deserve and which can allow them to afford the proper medical treatment they require. Without legal representation, it is almost impossible for victims to get justice against the companies responsible for their health concerns related to asbestos exposure. At the same time, the victim may not have sufficient energy or ability to pursue compensation on their own. In working with Brown Kiely, LLP, they have the opportunity to focus on their health while we handle the litigation on their behalf. If you would like to take advantage of a free case review with our asbestos lawyer in Washington DC, contact us today to find out if we are the best solution for your legal needs.
Do you want the best asbestos lawyer in Washington DC?
The best asbestos lawyer Washington DC families trust, understands that a diagnosis of an asbestos related disease can be devastating. However, you may qualify for compensation from the company that once employed you, and a settlement can go toward your medical bills. If all of this sounds familiar, call Brown Kiely, LLP at (410) 625-9330 to speak to someone who may be the best asbestos lawyer Washington DC offers.