Baltimore MD Mesothelioma Sufferers Pursuit for Justice
When asbestos was first discovered, it was a welcome asset to manufacturers for a number of reasons. It’s naturally occurring, highly durable, and can withstand high temperatures. As a result, it was commonly used in many industries. However, the connection between asbestos and cancer wasn’t determined until the 1940’s. Asbestos exposure is said to be the primary cause for mesothelioma which is a serious form of cancer. Those who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma because of exposure to asbestos may have grounds to file an asbestos lawsuit with the help of Baltimore MD attorneys. Brown | Gould | Kiely has the experience necessary, paired with an intimate knowledge of mesothelioma to help victims seek settlements for their damages.
Unfortunately, there is no cure for mesothelioma. For some, proactively receiving regular cancer screenings following asbestos exposure can help to catch the disease early on. However, for many, this is not the case. Because mesothelioma can take anywhere from 10-30 years to develop, the cancer has often progressed by the time a diagnosis is made. If you have fallen victim to asbestos exposure and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you will want to move on as quickly as possible. Brown | Gould | Kiely can help you determine if you have grounds for filing an asbestos lawsuit against your present or former employer in Baltimore MD. We have decades of experience representing those who have fallen victim to this terrible disease.
Brown | Gould | Kiely
We are a dedicated practice of attorneys who focus on protecting the rights of victims. When it is a viable option, we help them pursue an asbestos lawsuit to recover their damages. A substantial settlement can make it possible to pay for the medical treatment they need and replace the wages they are unable to earn. In the process, we work hard to accomplish these goals:
- Always getting back to our clients in a timely manner.
- Answering the questions of clients throughout the life of their asbestos lawsuit.
- Building strong cases that result in positive outcomes.
- Providing quality legal counsel our clients can depend on.
- Preparing clients for courtroom litigation.
- Negotiating with insurance companies and their attorneys for a fair settlement.
- Reaching a conclusion for our clients’ cases as quickly as possible.
The Legal Steps Involved in an Asbestos Lawsuit
There are a number of steps that will need to be taken when it comes to initiating an asbestos lawsuit in Baltimore MD after developing mesothelioma. The first step is contact our skilled attorneys at Brown | Gould | Kiely.
- We will listen to the details of your case and gather the necessary documentation from you. From there, we will make a determination regarding how to move forward.
- Once we put together your claim, we will then file it.
- Following this process, evidence is collected through a discovery process where you may be asked to provide information in a deposition. During this time, information surrounding your place of employment, the length of time you worked there and the period of asbestos exposure will be examined.
- In most cases, a settlement is reached through negotiations. It is very rare for mesothelioma cases to go to trial.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation. During our meeting, you can expect for us to ask you a number of questions as we gather the specific details surrounding your case. Once we have all relevant information, we can begin to put together a course of action. Call Brown | Gould | Kiely today to learn more about filing an asbestos lawsuit Baltimore MD victims pursue to get justice.