Mesothelioma and its treatment can be very hard on the body. To maintain your strength, you need to make sure your body gets all the nutrients it needs. However, this can be challenging during treatment. Anxiety, pain, and side-effects from medication can impact your appetite. Here are some tips for helping you get better nutrition during mesothelioma treatment.
• Whenever possible, prepare and freeze portion-size meals before treatment begins. Pre-frozen home-cooked meals are just as easy as frozen food from the store, but are more nutritious, and generally taste better, too.
• Give yourself license to snack because your body may need additional calories. Focus on easy high-protein snacks. You may even want to reduce the amount you eat at meals, then make it up in numerous smaller snacks.
• Try to get more plant-based foods, especially try to get at least 5 colorful fruits and vegetables a day.
• Try to limit fat calories, especially from animal fats.
• Try new foods. Things you never liked before may taste great during treatment because your body’s chemistry and nutritional needs may have changed.
• Something is better than nothing. With nausea and low appetite, it can be hard to find foods that you can eat at all. If you’ve found something that works, keep eating it.
Nutrition is one of the additional worries you have to deal with during mesothelioma treatment. You shouldn’t have to worry about whether you and your family will be able to afford paying for medical bills or even your regular bills as a result of lost wages.
A mesothelioma lawsuit can help you pay these bills and ensure your family will be taken care of, no matter what is the outcome of your treatment. To learn more, please contact The Law Office of Brown | Kiely, LLP today for a free consultation.