I started practicing law 25 years ago in Miami, Florida representing victims of asbestos exposure who had contracted asbestosis, mesothelioma or lung cancer. Since that time I have prosecuted numerous severe injury claims and wrongful death suits, and litigated hundreds of claims representing victims of asbestos exposure. I co-counseled in achieving what is believed to be the largest individual asbestos settlement in the District of Columbia and have obtained tens of millions of dollars in awards and settlements for my clients.
I understand that a diagnosis of mesothelioma or other asbestos disease is a personal matter that affects each patient in a unique way. Often, an entire family is affected by a diagnosis of mesothelioma or asbestos disease. I work hard to help the client, and often the spouse and family, in navigating the legal system in an effort to obtain just compensation.
I have tried cases in Washington, D.C., Maryland, Florida and West Virginia, and have represented my clients’ interests in the courts of Virginia and Delaware.
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- University of Michigan, 1989, B.A.
- University of Miami, 1992, J.D.
Professional Association Memberships:
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- American Association for Justice
- Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, DC