Mesothelioma Lawyer

Can You File a Mesothelioma Claim After You Lose a Loved One?

Can You File a Mesothelioma Claim After You Lose a Loved One?

The loss of a loved one is an extremely difficult and scary ordeal to go through. Undoubtedly, the last thing on your mind is seeking monetary compensation while grieving your lost loved one. At The Law Office of Brown| Kiely, LLP, our Washington D.C. mesothelioma compensation attorneys have experience in helping family members seek damages against whomever allowed their loved one to be exposed to asbestos.

Asbestos is an extremely durable compound that has been widely used because of its versatility and extreme resistance to heat. However, asbestos fibers are terribly harmful when inhaled and can cause mesothelioma, an incurable form of a cancer. Employers were made aware of the dangers of asbestos at the beginning of the 20th century, however, many of them didn’t provide any warnings or protection for their employers, leading to countless Americans getting mesothelioma.

Mesothelioma is very difficult to experience, even if you’re experiencing it second-hand because your family member is suffering from it. Many believe that they can’t file a lawsuit for their loved one’s mesothelioma if they have already lost their loved one. In reality, you can file a claim against a negligent employer up to one year after losing your family member.

While seeking monetary damages may be the furthest idea from your mind, the treatment of mesothelioma comes with an additional, huge financial burden. By seeking damages against the negligent party, our mesothelioma attorneys can help get you compensation for the following:

  • Past, present, and future medical expenses
  • Loss of income
  • Loss of benefits
  • Loss of employment
  • Loss of companionship
  • Pain and suffering

Our Washington D.C. mesothelioma compensation attorneys understand what a difficult time you’re going through and are here to help. Please contact the Baltimore Law Office of Brown | Kiely, LLP today by calling (410) 625-9330.